Quick Facts - CCHM
Please note: This program is not accepting applications or admitting students for Fall 2017. Interested individuals should contact the Office of Admissions at admissions[at]bastyr[dot]edu.
The Chinese herbal medicine certificate program provides comprehensive training in the field of Chinese herbal medicine. The program gives students skills and knowledge in the principles of Chinese herbology, including materia medica, formulations, prepared medicines, dispensary and herbal therapeutics. This program is a postgraduate course for licensed acupuncturists.
- Intended time to complete: 10 academic quarters or 30 months
- Percentage of graduates who completed on time: 58%
- Tuition and fees: $33,820
- Books and supplies: $3,100
- On-campus room & board: $33,675
- Total program cost: $36,920
Kenmore, Washington campus
Employment (SOC codes)
The US Department of Labor's Standard Occupational Classification code that the Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine prepares students to enter:
- 29-9099.00 - Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Workers, All Other
- 29-1199.01 - Acupuncturists
Because the Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine is a post-graduate certificate for trained acupuncturists, all of our Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine alumni are qualified to enter this occupation as well. (Note: Many were already able to enter this occupation prior to earning this certificate; however this certificate is required for the occupation in some states, e.g. California, Texas, etc.)
For more information visit www.onetonline.org
Median program graduate debt from:
- Federal Loans: $76,520 Median loan debt is inflated because a high percentage of these students are also enrolled in masters or doctorate programs.
- Private educational loans: $9,400 Median loan debt is inflated because a high percentage of these students are also enrolled in masters or doctorate programs.
Percentage of graduate that took federal loans: 84%
Percentage of students successfully repaying federal loans: 99%