School of Natural Health Arts & Sciences
- Department of Basic Sciences
- Department of Counseling & Health Psychology
- Department of Nutrition & Exercise Science
- Department of Midwifery
- Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations
The innovative programs offered through the School of Natural Health Arts and Sciences take Bastyr University’s integrated approach to education, research and clinical service beyond its naturopathic roots.
The school was established in 2005 and encompasses the Department of Nutrition & Exercise Science, the Department of Basic Sciences, the Department of Counseling & Health Psychology, the Department of Midwifery and theSimkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations.
Through its undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs, the School of Natural Health Arts and Sciences empowers and inspires students to reach their full potential in a variety of health and wellness professions.
- To practice critical and integrative thinking
- To honor and celebrate diversity
- To promote professional ethics and behavior
- To communicate respectfully
- To foster a lifelong quest for knowledge
- To pursue excellence
The School of Natural Health Arts and Sciences facilitates the development of a scientific foundation for students to investigate the individual and the natural world. We inspire students to reach their full potential in education, research and health care.
We produce leaders in the art and science of natural health through the development of relevant and innovative programs that build on a foundation of science and integrate mind, body and spirit.