The Bachelor of Science in Integrated Human Biology is more than just your typical undergraduate biology program. As a student, you’ll study physiology, anatomy, cell biology, biochemistry, and genetics and draw connections between each, rather than studying them individually. This integrated approach leads to a strong understanding of biological science and critical thinking skills, which are critical to a prolific career in any career in health care or biology.
$673/credit hour (average)
I am continuously grateful for the education I received through the [IHB] program at Bastyr. The robust IHB curriculum gave me a competitive edge after leaving Bastyr and completing my graduate studies in Medical Laboratory Science. I couldn’t have asked for a stronger undergraduate experience, or a more beautiful campus.
Completion Degree Program
Excellence in Mentorship
You deserve the support and attention you desire throughout your coursework. Bastyr offers small class sizes and faculty mentorship throughout the program. Our collaborative education style fosters a supportive learning environment.
A Vibrant Campus Life
Nestled amongst a 51-acre temperate rainforest, the Bastyr University community is like no other. Surround yourself with other natural health enthusiasts as a resident of the Student Village, or join a club featuring activities such as yoga, tai chi, hapkido, belly dancing and aikido.
Dr. Meng has been an assistant professor and a physician in the Department of Microbiology of Qingdao Medical College and Qingdao Municipal Hospital, teaching medical microbiology and…
Dr. Elson-Schwab's experience includes teaching undergraduate, community college and graduate-level chemistry classes to science and non-science majors. He also has a background in…
Education: Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of South Dakota in 1986 MA in biochemistry from the University of South Dakota in 1983 BS in biochemistry from the University…
- Complete 90 quarter (60 semester) credits from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent (only courses with a grade of C or higher are transferable).
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and prerequisite GPA of 2.0.
Major-Based Prerequisite Courses
- General Cell Biology w/lab (for science majors) - 1 course
- General Chemistry w/lab (for science majors) - 2 courses
- Precalculus - 1 course
General Education Requirements
- Arts and Humanities - 5 courses
- English Literature and Composition - 2 courses
- Other Courses - 3 courses
- Social and Behavioral Sciences - 5 courses
- General Psychology - 1 course
- Public Speaking - 1 course
- Other Courses - 3 courses
- Natural Science and Mathematics - 5 courses
- Major-Based Prerequisite Courses (see list) - 4 courses
- Other Course - 1 course
- General Electives - 3 courses or more
More information on prerequisites can be found in the Academic Catalog.
Bastyr accepts graduate and undergraduate transfer credits earned at accredited colleges and universities. Learn what you need to make this process go smoothly.
- Biotechnology laboratory researcher
- Quality control specialist
- Public health official
- Science writer/editor
- Preparation for a master's or doctoral degree in health sciences, including physiology, microbiology, public health, nutrition, biostatistics, forensics, bioethics, environmental health or toxicology
- Earn an allied health degree as a physician's assistant, nurse, laboratory medical technologist/technician, occupational therapist, physical therapist or speech-language pathologist
- Preparation for graduate studies leading to such careers as a naturopathic doctor, medical doctor, dentist, pharmacist or optometrist
About the Seattle, Washington Campus
The 51-acre Bastyr University campus is uniquely suited for the study of natural health sciences. Nestled among woodlands on the northeast shore of Lake Washington, the 186,000-square-foot campus complex is located 10 miles northeast of Seattle in Kenmore, Washington.