Free Celebration of Food Features Bastyr Speakers
Lynnwood Convention Center
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Main Events Feed Filter
Join the food revolution by attending the third annual Celebration of Food from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 18, at the Lynnwood Convention Center, 3711 196th Street S.W., Lynnwood.
Speakers will include:
- Cynthia Lair, CHN, author of "Feeding the Young Athlete" and a core faculty member in the Bastyr University Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science, will speak at noon about "Nutrition for the Young Athlete."
- Maeghan Culver, ND, a supervising clinician at Bastyr Center for Natural Health who also sees patients one-on-one in Practitioner Care, will speak at 12:30 p.m. about "Food Allergies and Sensitivities: Facts & Fiction."
- Ellie Freeman, MSN ('13), a dietetic intern at Bastyr University, will speak at 1:30 p.m. about "Clean Food Choices: A Holistic Perspective."
The family-friendly festival invites you to taste, explore and experience real food, featuring:
- Food — Free samples, demos, displays, and items for purchase.
- Gardening — Demos, displays, and activities by farm and garden professionals will show how to grow your own food and where to purchase locally grown food.
- Resources — Experts, displays, books, and resources will be available for children and adults to learn everything about growing to cooking to preserving food.