Naturopathic CE: Chronic Diseases: Assessment & Management of Patients with Fatigue Syndromes (CFS, FMS & Others) (NATUROPATY - 12CHR000)
|Study materials with CEUs/CMEs||$ 175.00|
|Study materials only without CEUs||$ 65.00|
Home Study Courses
Main Events Feed Filter
This seminar was originally recorded at Bastyr University in Jan. 2013.
One of the most challenging aspects of health care can be the care and appropriate management of patients with fatigue syndromes. Whether diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia or secondary to other chronic illnesses (such as cancer), these patients can require high-level decision making and are often a challenge under the best of circumstances. This seminar is designed to share pearls as a result of bringing together in a cohesive and manageable package two decades of patient care and research experience.
Seminar topics will include:
- Proper assessment: What am I missing?
- Treatment goals: What can you ‘fix’ and what is truly chronic?
- Common treatment modalities and directions including natural substances, dietary interventions, I.V. and injection therapies and prescriptive agents
- Re-assessment and patient management through the process
- Patient encouragement and counseling during the process
- General timelines and expectations for the healing path
- Case discussions from two decades of experience
Upon completion of the home study you will be able to:
- Assess your patient with fatigue
- Design treatment goals – what should be included in short-, mid- and long range therapies
- List the basics of common treatment modalities and directions including natural substances, dietary interventions, I.V. and injection therapies, and prescriptive agents
- Discuss appropriate parameters for assessment and patient management through the process
- Discuss strategies for proper patient encouragement and counseling during the process
Dr. Anderson is Chief of I.V. Services for Bastyr Oncology Research Center and medical director of Anderson Medical Specialty Associates, a clinic focusing on the care of patients with cancer and chronic diseases. Former positions include professor clinical medicine at Bastyr University. He is a graduate of NCNM and began instructing classes at naturopathic medical schools in the early 1990’s. He continues to hold board review classes and CME courses for most of the U.S. and Canadian ND programs including BU, NCNM, Boucher Institute, UB, SCNM and CCNM. He also is a founding board member of the Academy of Parenteral Therapies specialty group and an instructor and author for the IIVNTP I.V. Therapy training group.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, CPEUs):
CEUs avilable for NDs (except CA & OR)
CEUs available for ARNPs and RNs licensed in WA
CEUs available for DCs licensed in WA
Category II CMEs available for MDs and PAs licensed in WA