Our distance learning continuing education courses, also called home study courses, can be conveniently completed from your home or office.

Search for courses available

Courses for Professional CEUs or PDAs

Once you register for a distance learning course, we will mail you the audio CDs or video DVDs, seminar notes, quiz, and answer sheet. You review the materials, take the quiz, and mail or fax the quiz back to us. Assuming you score 75% or higher, we will mail you your graded quiz and CEU/PDA certificate. And, you can keep the materials for your educational library.

"Materials only" Option - No CEUs or PDAs

Once you register for the materials they will be mailed or e-mailed to you. To review the course descriptions with fees and to register online, just click on the distance learning course title of your choice. If you do not wish to register online, please see our registration page for other options.

Note: Home study courses may not be available in all states.

Additional Certificate Requests

Bastyr University will keep records of continuing education certificates on file for 3 years. Additional copies of a certificate will not be issued after 3 years from the end of the last course date.

Certificate Preparation Course Registrations

Participants in a certificate program through Bastyr University continuing education department must register for the certificate preparation course within 2 years of the date of the last module completed. If you completed the certificate program off site, (not on the Bastyr University California or Kenmore campuses) and more than 2 years ago, you are not eligible to register for the certificate preparation course through Bastyr. If you have any questions, please contact the continuing education office at continuinged@bastyr.edu

Complaint Resolution

If a resolution cannot be reached with the institution, students should contact the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC, also previously known as the Higher Education Coordinating Board - or HECB), the University’s responsible state agency here.

Bastyr University is a member of NC-SARA (National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements), and information regarding NC-SARA and member state student complaint processes is available here.

If the student’s home state is an NC-SARA member, the student should contact NC-SARA after the University’s institutional and the WSAC processes have been exhausted. Click here for more information.

If the student’s home state is NOT an NC-SARA member, the student should contact his/her home state agency.

Information about NC-SARA member states and links to complaint resolution agencies for non-NC-SARA states is located here.

Related Link

Distance Learning Courses

Contact us

Certificate and Continuing Education (CCE)
14500 Juanita Drive N.E.
Kenmore, WA 98028
(425) 602-3152
(425) 602-3268 fax<