• Provide administrative and clerical support for the Office of the SVPP and other departments as necessary, including word processing and correspondence, proofreading, email, data input, mail distribution, office supply ordering, faxing, copying, scanning, office organization and filing, answering phones and requesting/compiling information.
• Schedule appointments, meetings, travel arrangements and other events for the SVPP; reserve conference rooms; submit catering and facility work orders; issue reminders/confirmations; prepare reports, correspondence, follow-up information and other materials.
• Communicate in person, by phone and in writing with a wide variety of individuals both outside and inside the University (e.g., students, administrators, faculty, staff in other departments, individuals seeking to collaborate with the University, etc.).
• Assist with educational affiliation agreements and other contract documentation.
• Complete expense reports, credit card reconciliations, financial data forms and other reports using spreadsheet and database resources.
• Assist faculty with retreat and workshop arrangements; schedule and send out meeting requests to committee members; record minutes and maintain course/program documentation for the University Curriculum Review Committee.
• Other administrative and clerical duties as assigned to support the Office of the SVPP and other departments as necessary.
• Must have experience with and advanced working knowledge of MS Outlook
• Must have experience with and intermediate-to-advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
• Must be able to produce high quality reports, forms, correspondence and other documents using MS Word
• Experience with PowerPoint and Publisher preferred
• Must know standard office procedures and equipment
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle several assignments concurrently from multiple sources
• Detail-oriented and able to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with a large and diverse staff/student population
• Customer service oriented, can-do work ethic
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Flexible, calm and professional demeanor
• Ability to accurately type 60 wpm
Experience: Minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in an office environment
Experience coordinating and communicating with personnel from different departments and supporting multiple individuals.
Education: Associate degree required, preferably in Office Administration or related field, or commensurate education/work experience
Schedule: Part-Time 25 hours per week - schedule to be decided at time of hire. Position through December 31, 2018 with potential to extend
Please refer to job #18-032 and job title when applying and send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com