The fourth annual Naturopathic Medicine Week took place this month from October 10-16. Bastyr University students and faculty alike participated in the celebration of naturopathic medicine to raise awareness of the importance of encouraging the body’s self-healing process through the use of natural therapies and modern medical science.
- Matthew Cavaiola, ND, a member of the faculty at the San Diego campus, gave a presentation on The Amazing Power of Hormones for Healthy Aging at the UT Successful Aging Expo.
- Bastyr’s San Diego Clinic was featured in an article in L’Chaim San Diego, Integrating Mind, Body & Spirit.
- DeJarra Sims, ND, a faculty member at the San Diego, was featured on CW-6 on October 9, talking about ……. Click here (http://www.cw6sandiego.com/naturopathic-medicine-week/) for a link to the clip.
- First-year resident Sabrina Koperski, ND talked about the naturopathic approach to breast and women’s health at a Healthy Living event at the Bastyr Clinic in San Diego.
- On October 10, the Bastyr Clnic in San Diego held a Free Patient Night where participants learned about Natural Solutions for breast and women's health. Each received a 30 minute screening from a naturopathic doctor regarding diet, sleep and mental/emotional health.
- The University engaged individuals from across the country with a series of social media posts, starting with a video about natural medicine followed by infographics on the Six Principles.