Live in Bastyr's Student Village
Completed in summer 2010, the Bastyr University Student Village is designed to encourage interaction among students, fit into the campus's natural landscape and minimize impacts to the local environment. The Village consists of 11 three-story buildings that each house 12 students.
- See what The Seattle Times writes about the Bastyr Student Village.
- Watch this video for an inside look at the Student Village.
- Read about the Student Village's Outstanding Multifamily Project of the Year award from U.S. Green Building Council.
$1,800 for summer and $2,475 for each other quarter
Applying for Housing
To apply, click on the "Apply Now" button above. Priority is given to completed applications and deposits that arrive prior to May 1. Please email housing[at]bastyr[dot]edu for questions or for more information about student housing at Bastyr University.
Each green-built, LEED-registered and ADA-compliant cottage includes:
- Furnished single-suite rooms, each with a private bath and an extra-long single bed
- A complete, shared kitchen with individual pantry space (occupants provide dishes, pans and utensils)
- A shared lounge with a big-screen cable television, comfortable seating and gathering space
- A group study room, plus two study lofts with large tables
- Enclosed bicycle storage to secure bikes outside the hall
- Free laundry at two washer and dryer sets
- Free Wi-Fi throughout each hall, and the option to add wired connection in your suite
- Cable television available in each suite
- Card and key security
- Free utilities
- Access to landline phone in lounge, plus option to add landline phone in your suite
- Low-flow plumbing and certified Energy Star appliances
Awards and Certifications
The Student Village has received numerous awards and certifications since opening in 2010. In September 2010, it earned Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) platinum certification, becoming the first student housing project on the West Coast to receive the highest green building classification. In November, the Student Village won the U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) Outstanding Multifamily Project in the 2010 LEED for Homes Awards, announced at the Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in Chicago. Most recently, it was a stop on the 2011 Northwest EcoBuilding Guild's Green Home Tour, showcasing the best green buildings in the Seattle area.
What You Should Know Before Applying
Bastyr University offers housing to students who are currently enrolled. Important information:
- Priority consideration for housing is determined by the date Bastyr receives your tuition deposit.
- A housing deposit of $400 must accompany each housing application.
- A mandatory background check is done for each applicant.
- Recycling and composting are priorities in the Student Village.
- No meal plan is offered, but the Bastyr Dining Commons offers menus appealing to every taste and dietary need, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.