Sara Johanna Bayer
DAOM, MA, LAc, LMP
Sara is an associate professor and the director of clinical education in the Acupuncture and East Asian Medicine Department at Bastyr University. She is also the director of the DAOM degree program.
Sara's past experience was as an instructor and clinical supervisor at various institutions including California Acupuncture Institute, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, and Middleway Acupuncture Institute. She is also a Clinical Associate in Medicine at the University of Washington Harborview Medical Center from 1994 to the present.
Her teaching interests include structural integration, fundamentals of acupuncture, acupuncture and fascia, clinical practice of acupuncture, acupuncture orthopedics, and the history of Chinese medicine
- BA English Literature, University of Illinois, 1975
- MA Chinese Language and Literature, University of Michigan, 1982
- Structural Integration and Pain Relief in the Bastyr DAOM program
- Certificate in Acupuncture, California Acupuncture College, San Diego, 1986
- Rolf Institute of Structural Integration: Certified Rolfer™2004, Certified Advanced Rolfer™2014
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, 2014
- Washington East Asian Medicine Association
- International Association of Structural Integrators (past)
- Rolf Institute of Structural Integration, member
February 2015, Journal of Chinese Medicine Issue 107: "A Case of Olfactory Dysfunction Treated with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine