This part-time administrative position is responsible for record keeping for the ND preceptor program, ND external rotation sites, BUC residency program, and for the clinical adjunct faculty contracts and paperwork. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Clinical Education Bastyr California, but also will interact with the Chief Medical Officer Bastyr California, the Bastyr California Campus Director, Patient Services Supervisor, the Preceptor Coordinator Bastyr University (WA) and the External Site Coordinator Bastyr University (WA).
Duties regarding Preceptor Program:
Advise naturopathic medicine students on specific host site requirements; facilitate placement and scheduling of students into preceptorship opportunities Manage Clinician schedules
If required by the host site, process, and maintain the appropriate immunization records and background checks of assigned students
Process new preceptor applications by screening for requirements and provide to Associate Dean of Clinical Education for approval Clinic Facilities and Maintenance
Process and track student paperwork and communicate with students
Process student applications for special sites
Maintain and update the electronic preceptor databases; when necessary collaborate with IT department to troubleshoot and implement the appropriate technical solution
Duties regarding ND External Sites:
Advise naturopathic medicine students on specific external site requirements; Ensure that all students registered on shifts meet the individual site requirements.
If required by the host site, processes and maintains the appropriate credentialing paperwork, immunizations, and background checks of assigned students.
Process student applications for special site,
Maintain, and update available information and documents to ensure that students have access to the appropriate external site credentialing documents in real-time, and advise students accordingly
Manage donations of supplements and ensure they are distributed to external sites in a timely fashion
Maintain affiliation agreement files
Duties regarding Adjunct Clinical Faculty:
Process initial hire of new clinic faculty– ensures new hire paperwork is complete – goes through new hire checklist (clinic faculty). This needs to be coordinated if the adjunct also has didactic responsibilities.
Puts together quarterly adjunct clinic contracts, gets the faculty and associate dean signatures and makes sure they get to payroll so faculty are paid on time
Submits SAFs and PARFs as needed for adjunct clinical faculty
Duties regarding BUC Residency Program
Manage residency applications, completing a blinding process for the residency selection committee to review applications without identification.
Schedule and coordinate the resident interviews.
Manage the resident performance evaluation quarterly evaluation paperwork.
Other administrative duties regarding the BUC residency program as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Must be familiar with HIPAA law for healthcare facilities.
• Must be familiar with Blood Borne Pathogen
• Must have knowledge of financial management processes.
• Manage and coordinate compliance record keeping with compliance officer in Kenmore and local compliance officer, CMO
• Coordinate and schedule TB injection week
• Must be familiar with computer Office Suite programs, bookkeeping (such as QuickBooks), and practice management/electronic medical record systems (Epic preferred)
• Must be familiar with facilities and contract management.
• Must be familiar with laws and regulations pertaining to human resource management
• Must demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with staff, students, providers, patients, and visitors in a professional and confidential manner.
• Must be able to communicate accurate and pertinent information to subordinates, peers and supervisors to facilitate effective and efficient coordination of support and core services.
• Must be able to apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills where needed.
• Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn unfamiliar tasks within the scope of the position and to accept change in a positive and professional manner.
• Good judgment, resourcefulness and initiative; able to analyze and develop solutions to problems.
• Ability to function independently; interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• High organizational ability; attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sensitivity to confidentiality and importance of discretion and diplomacy.
• Ability to develop and maintain quality working relationships with other co-workers and the public.
• Professional self-presentation and demeanor.
• Comfortable and productive in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities.
• Word processing, database and spreadsheet skills. Able to produce reports and correspondence using Windows, MS Word, Excel and Access. Familiar with Novell Network and E-mail systems.
• Ability to use other office equipment such as printer, typewriter, calculator, photocopier and fax machine.
• BA in Health Administration preferred – Other education/experiences welcome to apply
Comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental & Vision, 403b plans, Section 125 plans and generous paid time-off.
Please refer to job #20-011CA and position title subject line when applying -- send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.