Honey Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Show yourself or your valentine love this year by making a batch of Honey Chocolate-Covered Strawberries! Mix a little honey with coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt before dipping fresh strawberries for a truly delicious treat your “honey” is sure to love.
Honey is not only a natural sweetener but also rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids. Incorporating honey into your Valentine's Day treat may even contribute to boosting the antioxidant levels in your blood.
Give your special someone a sweet surprise with this delicious treat, a perfect way to celebrate the season of love!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate extract, optional
- Dash of sea salt
- 20 fresh strawberries
- Wash strawberries using cold water; dry and set aside.
- Measure honey into a small bowl and warm it by placing the bottom of the bowl in warm water. Do not microwave or overheat.
- Use the same process to warm the coconut oil.
- Mix the warm honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, chocolate extract and sea salt in a bowl.
- Individually dip strawberries in melted chocolate mixture and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover and place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from freezer and repeat dipping if necessary.