- The Sorrento Valley Post Office is just a few blocks from campus.
- Amtrak offers affordable shipping rates for non-furniture items you may want to bring with you.
- The Coaster commuter train stops within walking distance of campus and connects to additional light-rail lines.
- BREEZE buses serve north San Diego County, including Sorrento Valley, where campus is located.
- San Diego Metropolitan Transit System buses serve central and southern San Diego.
- Students can use the Ride Share forum on MyBU to arrange carpools.
- 511sd.com has traffic, transit and commute info.
- All students are enrolled in a student health plan that covers visits to Bastyr University Clinic.
- For additional insurance coverage, the Office of Student Services can provide a list of potential options.
- The area's many farmer's markets link eaters with local farmers.
- Nearby groceries with organic foods include Ocean Beach People's Organic Food Market, Jimbo’s Natural Foods, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Sprout's Farmer's Market, and the UCSD Food Co-op.
- Several food trucks move around the area, often stopping near campus. Find them here.
- Next to campus is the Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve, with hiking, biking and equestrian trails and 4,000 acres of wilderness. Just a few miles away on the Pacific Ocean lies Torrey Pines State Beach, a popular surfing and body-boarding spot.
- Fitness clubs include CrossFit gyms, other gyms, the Vavi Sport and Social Club and the San Diego Fitness Club near campus, which offers free first-time training sessions.
- San Diego also has abundant beaches, dog beaches and dog parks.
- The New to California page at the Department of Motor Vehicles includes information on driver licenses, vehicle registration, ID cards and other topics.
- Voter registration info appears at the Secretary of State website.
Our admissions staff is happy to answer questions or put you in touch with student peer advisors.
Contact the office at (858) 246-9700 or email email@example.com.