National Folic Acid Awareness Week is January 8-14, 2017. Folic acid is a B-vitamin necessary for proper cell growth. Since 1998, folic acid has been put into many foods in an attempt to reduce birth defects, cardiovascular disease and combat a number of other common medical conditions. After researching and working with countless patients and health professionals, Dr. Ben Lynch, one of the leading authorities in methylation, nutrigenomics and folate metabolism, has determined that folic acid must be limited as it is contributing to subtle, yet insidious, health problems.
In honor of Folic Acid Awareness Week, Dr. Lynch is hosting a workshop on January 28, 2017 from 9:00am - 12:00pm to educate everyone about folic acid and how to manage it in your life.
· The negative effects of folic acid
· The different types of folate and how they are processed in the body
· How synthetic folic acid contributes to disease and dysfunction in the body
· The basics of MTHFR (methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase), an enzyme important for a chemical reaction involving forms of the vitamin folate
· Action steps to protect you and your loved one's health
This workshop will be held at the Bastyr University Kenmore Campus.
Dear Bastyr Community,
We are living in unprecedented times.
Jenn Dazey, ND discusses the natural benefits of eucalyptus on page 24 of the April 2020 edition of Prevention Magazine.
Stephanie Michael, a registered dietician nutritionist, was hired as the county’s Health Services Program manager, and is on the front lines of the COVID-19 response in Pacific County
The Institute of Natural Medicine announces that Dr. Joe Pizzorno has joined their Board of Directors